Sunday, August 15, 2021

Setting Sail For Capernaum

I am hoping this album encourages you, where ever you are in your life.

This has been a journey. I've been wanting to get a collection of songs that I have written out for a very long time. I approached a friend of mine, Josh Chilton, about the idea of creating an album and he had some amazing direction. I ran with his advice to create something stripped down, acoustic and all one consistent session so it sounds put together. 

So, after converting my bathroom into a recording studio, I started recording each of the tracks. I had a good mix of ten tracks and wanted to get some feedback so I reached out to some music talents I admire for advice. Monty Byrom, award winning songwriter who fronted bands Billy Satellite, New Frontier, and the Academy of Country Music nominated Big House. His insight to master my tracks better was helpful, just having feedback from such a recording giant was inspiration enough to go the extra mile. 

So I wrapped up the recording and mastering and Josh had some ideas about maybe throwing in some additional, not acoustic, tracks. This is where the idea of adding some piano tracks came in. The song You Are More was originally a piano melody and words were added later but I recorded the track a few years back. 

Katie was a song that was super meaningful to me. I fought the idea of adding it as a track on this album but the more I wrestled with the idea the more I felt it fit and needed to be there. I recorded this track the day my sister passed away. She was always an encouragement to my music. She is not here to listen to this album but she can be on it. 

What track was going to start the whole mix off? Originally it was going to be He Provides. Josh gave me some great advice to have the first track be more upbeat like You Are The Rock or something like that but I really liked where You Are the Rock was currently in the lineup so the only option I could think of was knocking out a new tune.

The album's theme really needed an opening track that encapsulated the fullness of what the message of this album is. I am excited for this album to speak encouragement to someone, if nothing else to help someone find their way back to the loving arms of the Father who is waiting to show He provides. 

http://tunes.jonesmarketing.co/setting-sail-for-capernaum/

No comments:

Post a Comment